Super satisfying and flavourful vegan meal – from https://minimalistbaker.com
- 397 g extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 2 small (~250 g each) sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 200 g small cauliflower florets
- 1/2 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced (1 medium onion yields ~100 g or 1 cup sliced)
- 30 ml olive or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp Tandoori Spice Mix* (or store-bought) in separate recipe
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
serve with Easy Green Chutney* (or Easy Mint Chutney
* Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (if making a larger batch, use multiple baking sheets to avoid overcrowding the pan).
* Wrap your extra firm tofu in an absorbent towel. Set something heavy on top — like a cast iron skillet — to press out extra moisture for 15 minutes. Alternatively, use a tofu press.
- Prepare the vegetables: cut sweet potatoes into 1-inch wedges, cauliflower into small florets, and thinly slice the red onion. Place the veggies on the parchment-lined baking sheet in two sections: 1) sweet potatoes and 2) red onion and cauliflower. Crumble the tofu into pieces less than 1/2-inch in size and arrange the tofu crumbles next to the veggies.
- Drizzle the veggies & tofu with olive (or avocado) oil and sprinkle evenly with tandoori spice mix and salt. Use your hands to toss each section (veggies, sweet potatoes, and tofu separately), to fully coat with oil and seasonings. Add more of either as needed.
- Bake for 20 minutes, toss, and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes and cauliflower are golden brown and tender and the tofu is slightly crispy.
- If serving with chutney, prepare it while the veggies and tofu are cooking.
- Serve warm garnished with chutney of choice (optional).
- Leftovers will keep stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator (chutney stored separately) for 2-3 days. Reheat in a skillet until warm. Not freezer friendly.