by: Three Many Cooks (low salt cooking)
Serves: Makes a scant quart
- 2 medium eggplants, pricked with a fork
- ½ cup packed parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tab lemon juice
- 1 Tab smoked paprika, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup each: tahini and olive oil, plus a little extra olive oil for drizzling
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees. Place eggplants on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until fork tender, 30 to 40 minutes. When they’re cool enough to handle, peel eggplants, using a spoon to scrape any flesh that sticks to the skin.
- Mince parsley and garlic in a food processor. Add eggplant and remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with a little smoked paprika and drizzle with a little olive oil and serve.
Serve with warm pita or pita chips. If salt is not an issue, season dip to taste.