A healthy take on an Italian favourite! These pizzas are quick and easy to make and taste great.
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, (approx. 170g or 6 oz) stems removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Wash and dry the Portobello mushrooms.
- Pre-heat the oven to grill settings on high heat. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and half a teaspoon of the mixed herbs together in a small bowl. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom with the oil mixture and place each mushroom, oil side down, onto your baking tray.
- Next, spoon the tomato paste into the mushrooms and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- Place the mushrooms on the baking tray and then transfer to the oven (middle shelf). Grill until the cheese has melted and is golden in colour (this should take about 6 minutes).
- To serve, sprinkle with the remaining mixed herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!