This pudding has a golden crust on top and lovely apple-flavoured jelly – reminded Rod of his Mum’s apple roly poly.
4 cooking apples
1 Tab butter
2 Tab SR
< 3/4 cup sugar
1 cup cold water
1. Grease a pie dish or casserole.
2. Peel, core & cut apples in halves – put into pie-dish with cut-side up.
3. Rub butter into flour, add sugar & salt, then water. Mix lightly and pour over apples.*
4. Bake for 35 mins in mod-hot oven until golden brown on top. Serve with cream.
* you can sprinkle lightly with sugar or butter before cooking