Raw Spicy Avocado Soup (recipe here)
LETTUCE CUPS –
raw tuna, avo, sauerkraat – with a soy/sesame oil dressing
pulled cooked chicken, diced mango/avocado with spicy coconut milk dressing*
black bean, corn & tomato salsa with guacamole
- For the spicy coconut dressing:
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about one small lime)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (sub soy sauce if vegan)
- 1 Thai chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
This soup will surprise guests and leave them guessing what it’s made from, while the healthy fats from the avocado and nuts will keep guests satisfied until the main meal. Serve in shot glasses for a fun effect! Looks good in chunky soup bowl too.
2 avocados, stones removed
2Tab miso paste
1tsp fresh chilli, chopped finely
1 t each of grd cumin and grd coriander
1/2 t honey
NUT SALSA VERDE
2T each of pepitas and pistachios, crushed
1/2c fresh coriander, washed – stems removed, finely chopped
1T lemon zest
1 garlic cl, crushed
sea salt & pepper to taste
In a food processor, add all the soup ingredients and blend until smooth.
Place all of the nut salsa verde ingredients in a bowl and mix.
Serve the soup in shot glasses or bowls with a little nut salsa verde on top.