500g premium minced beef
Cooked white rice
1/4 cabbage, sliced into strips
2 medium carrots, sliced
Equal quantity of sliced celery to carrot
1 medium onion
1 tab curry powder
1 tab soy sauce
Optional: Beef stock, 1 packet chicken noodle soup (instead of onions)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place curry and onion in large saucepan with water to cover, stir in curry and cook onion until clear.
- Add minced meat to saucepan and break it up with a wooden fork (or do so before putting it in the saucepan).
- Cook mince until browned.
- Add vegetables and stir them in.
- Add enough water to prevent it from drying out while also mixing it through.
- Continue to cook for 30 minutes on low to medium heat stirring occasionally to prevent it catching.
- Ensure you have sufficient moisture while stirring. There should be about an inch of liquid.
- Add soy sauce.
- Add salt and/or pepper to taste
Serve on bed of white rice