For Mother’s Day in bed
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 2 tsp BP
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup smooth ricotta, plus extra 2 Tabs to serve
- 1 (about 160g) zucchini, finely grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 90g salt-reduced smoked salmon, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- olive oil spray
- 100g marinated roasted red capsicum, drained, diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 7 cm heart-shaped cutter
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add eggs, milk and ricotta and whisk until smooth. Stir in the zucchini, salmon and 2 tbs of chives. Season with pepper.
2. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Place over medium–high heat. Add 3 x ¼-cups of mixture and spread to an even thickness. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat to make a total of 12 pikelets, spraying pan with a little oil before each batch.
3. Meanwhile combine capsicum, remaining chives and lemon juice.
4. Using a 7cm-diameter heart-shaped cutter, carefully cut a heart from each pikelet. Serve pikelets with salsa and extra ricotta.