- 500 g skinless white fish fillets of snapper, tilapia, John Dory, monkfish or cod (and pin boned – done over an upside down bowl) and cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup blanched Almond flour
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shredded and toasted
- 3 large eggs
1 Tab fresh minced coriander
1 Tab fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 Tab scallions/spring onions, finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 Tab Fish sauce
1 Tab lime zest
2 Tab grapeseed oil
NOTE: Another recipe added 1 tsp dried basil, freshly dried basil, freshly ground pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp ground paprika and of Thai curry powder and 200g shrimp
1. Rinse fish, pat dry & cut into 1/4″ cubes.
2. In a large bowl combine fish, almond flour, coconut, eggs, coriander, ginger, scallions, salt, fish sauce and lime zest. Form the mixture into 2″ patties.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high
Heat the oil or lard in a pan, over a medium high heat to cover the base.Cook 4-6 minutes per side,
until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel on a plate. Serve – garnished with coriander leaves and fresh lime slices. Serve with your favourite sauce or salad and Enjoy!
If using frozen fish, thaw completely and pat dry before cutting into a smaller chunks and putting in a food processor.
When all nicely ground/minced and combined, transfer into a large bowl and add almond flour and chopped spring onion, stir until combined and form patties with your hands. You will get 10 patties.