No-salt COCONUT SHRIMP CURRY
Serves 4 to 6
1 Tab olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped – about 1.5 cups
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 green jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, minced
1 red jalapeño or serrano pepper, stemmed, seeded, minced
2 Tab grated fresh ginger
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, each quarter sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
1.5 Tab curry powder
1 x 750g good chopped tomatoes
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
1 1/2 Tab granulated sugar
500g frozen large shrimp – defrosted, peeled & deveined
1/2 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
1 lime, cut in wedges and cooked Basmati rice – to serve
1. Heat oil in deep skillet or soup pot. Add onion, sauté until soft but not brown – about 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic, jalapeños & ginger. Sauté until fragrant – 1 minute.
3. Add zucchini & curry powder – sauté 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk & sugar. Simmer 10 minutes.
5. Add shrimp, cook until they turn pink and are just cooked through.
6. Add cilantro. Taste for seasoning.
7. Serve immediately in bowls with basmati rice & lime wedges for squeezing over the curry.