BEEF STROGANOFF (Russian)
Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Cut steak into thin, narrow strip
Cooking utensil: heavy frying pan
500 grams fillet steak
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/4 cup stock
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Collect ingredients.
2. Cut steak into thin, narrow strips
3. Roll meat in salt and 1 tablespoon flour.
4. Brown meat quickly in 2 tablespoons melted butter.
5. Add onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until onion is brown and tender. Remove mixture from pan.
6. Melt remaining butter, add flour, blend until smooth, cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stock, stir until mixture thickens and boils.
7. Return meat and vegetables to pan, stir in sour cream and heat without boiling.
8. Serve at once, accompanied by boiled rice/pasta.